The ramblings of a shorter than average cockney girl who now lives in the beautiful city of Bristol

Monday 29 July 2013

I Don't Like Staying Still

I like to think i'm a doer. I do things, whether its working in Ayia Napa or volunteering for a mental health awareness campaign or going to the gym regularly. I don't like days where I don't have anything to do. Unfortunately, due to working for 90% of my waking hours from Friday night until last night, today was one of those days.

Not that its been a bad day. Sure, I haven't spoken to any people in person except for the woman in Sainsburys who was struggling carrying cereal boxes when I was buying a massive bar of galaxy (which I shamefully devoured in one sitting). I've spent the day flopping about reading travel blogs and daydreaming of one day writing about travelling myself.

As much as I dislike it, sometimes we do all need these days. And as today was thundery and wet I guess I chose a good one. Its back to work tomorrow, a free day which I will use productively on Wednesday and then possibly volunteering in the evening, and then work work work for the end of the week and the weekend. Not the most exciting lifestyle, but it will all be worth it. With each shift I do, a little more money goes into my adventure fund; and my dreams of travelling the world come a little bit closer each day. As long as you stay productive, each day adds up to something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment